Celebrity Influence on the Second Amendment

Celebrities who loudly, and quite often, speak out for much stricter gun control, or getting rid of guns altogether, sure do have some impact.

It's a good thing that they get loud and vocal.  Because ... American Patriots really do not care one bit for their hypocritical opinions.

According to the Washington Examiner, running poll results conducted by Zogby Analytics, support for our Second Amendment right goes up for the majority of Americans, following celebrity outbursts for gun control, etc.

A chunky 34% of those polled "strongly support" our right to bear arms after Hollywood actors and actresses voice their opinions about gun control.  Another 22% "somewhat support" that specific right, bringing the total supporters to 56%, while 16% are not sure about their support. This leaves a total of 28% who strongly oppose (16%) or somewhat oppose (12%) people in America having the right to bear arms, as guaranteed in our Bill of Rights.

Don't Tread On Me - Gadsden flagInterestingly, the strongest support for 2A was among Millennials aged 18-29, where 65% support bearing arms and 23% oppose.  The poll's analysis states, “A majority of all other age groups were also more likely to want to support the 2nd amendment rather than oppose it when Hollywood talks about gun control."

The specific question that was asked is: “When Hollywood actors and actresses speak out about gun control, does that make you want to support or oppose our constitutional right to bear arms (the 2nd amendment to the constitution)?”

Not that you have to be reminded who these celebs are that are so vocal about taking away our rights, though they, themselves, do have armed bodyguards for the most part, it might be nice to hear a few of their names once again.

Two of the biggest backers of the upcoming March for our Lives gun control rally are George Clooney and Oprah Winfrey, each of whom dropped a cool half million dollars to the cause. (Bet he made a whole lot more money than that toting a gun in movies!  Interesting the hypocrisy.)

And then there is the worldly twenty-something actress Jennifer Lawrence blaming guns for violence in America.  Please. Jennifer.  Read some true history and study the relevant statistics before making yourself sound so ignorant.

But the most recent Dunce Award must go to Michael Keaton who declared that NRA members and Republicans are "weak, disgusting cowards."  Michael, you, sir, are a weak coward (notice, I did not call you disgusting) who (more than likely) lives in a gated, armed-guard community.  NRA members protect people.  What do you do?  Call them names?

Suffice it to say that celebs live in an altogether different world.  And they are out-of-touch with Main Street America and Americans.

If they find America so terrible, it would be extremely nice if they up and moved. Somewhere. Anywhere. Far, far away.

Make the Constitution _ Scott D Welch


by Scott D. Welch, Patriot
Direct descendant of 8 Americans who fought in the Revolutionary War
Cousin of Patrick Henry


The entertaining and informative In Search of Liberty movie is a great refresher (if it's been a while) or educational tool (for those who know very little) about our U.S. Constitution, and is a movie that All Americans should watch.

Flag - Military - Bless - Statue

menu linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram